The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s Development Events Coordinator drives the process of creating memorable donor experiences for our orchestra’s diverse audiences. The Development Event Coordinator will collaborate with inside and outside teams to create a wide variety of guest interactions, from on-stage rehearsals to private dinners to pre- and post-concert programming. Reporting to the Director of the Annual Fund and Development Operations, this individual will plan, execute, and evaluate experiences that enrich the concert-going experience. The Development Events Coordinator will work on a flexible schedule based on the Development Events schedule.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all department events that enhance the organization’s stewardship efforts.
- Manage inter-departmental collaboration for events, as needed.
- Handle BSO Member Event logistics and details.
- Serve as the Development staff representative at all BSO Member events.
- Create and plan the annual member and special events calendar.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for the annual BSO Celebration Gala.
- Work with Manager of the Annual Fund to ensure that donor target groups are encouraged to participate in BSO events and manage fulfillment of donor benefits with AF team.
- Analyze the BSO Member engagement practices and offer creative ideas for enhanced stewardship opportunities.
- Submit and track annual budget for all Development special events.
- Coordinate follow-up data entry and analysis after events.
- Handle the Governing Members Lounge and Event catering orders.
- Answer and return calls on the events and membership hotlines.
- Coordinate execution of VIP ticketing for all top-level donors and BSO senior staff including keeping the development staff briefed on current ticketing policies.
- Coordinate with the BSO Artistic team in securing guest speakers, musicians and artists.
- Attend monthly BSO Event Staff Meetings.
- Work with Marketing, as needed, to create, schedule, and send email invites and reminders to AF donors using our mail2 email system.
- Maintain an events checklist for each event to ensure consistency and quality and timely dissemination of event details to all BSO departments.
- Work independently and with graphic design to create event invitations, mailers and emails.
We are looking for someone who loves creating unique experiences that engage, empower, and inspire our donors and prospective donors. This person is excited about the opportunity to pitch innovative ideas, implement new strategies, and creatively solve challenges. This is a person who is able to strategize, set and meet goals, be proactive, and who has meticulous attention to detail in the completion of tasks. Someone who has excellent communication and project management skills. This person is a master collaborator – able to work effectively within team in an organization of tremendously talented people.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends for events.
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent project management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Publisher, Word, & Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule in the Greater Baltimore area.
- Previous experience with Tessitura.
- A minimum of two (2) years increasingly responsible development experience. At least one (1) year of direct donor stewardship and/or event coordination experience.
- Ability to participate successfully in a fast-paced, team-orientated constantly changing environment.
- A background and/or interest in symphonic music.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance - three options to choose from; all at low cost to the employee
- Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid entirely by the BSO
- Generous paid time off, including annual, personal, and sick leave
- 403(b) plan option
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts, including Medical and Dependent Care
- Free and / or discounted tickets to BSO concerts
About the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
With 100 years of history, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its enduring pursuit of artistic excellence, the BSO has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout Maryland through innovative education and community outreach initiatives. The BSO made musical history in September 2007, when Maestra Marin Alsop led her inaugural concerts as the Orchestra’s 12th music director, making her the first woman to head a major American orchestra. With her highly praised artistic vision, her dynamic musicianship and her commitment to accessibility in classical music, Maestra Alsop’s directorship has ushered in a new era for the BSO and its audiences.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references via email to Louis Diez, Director of the Annual Fund and Development Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or fax please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.