Position: Georgia and Peter Angelos Governing Members Lounge Host
Reports To: Director of the Annual Fund & Development Operations
The primary responsibility of the Georgia and Peter Angelos Governing Members Lounge Host is to ensure Governing Members, VIPs and their guests have an enjoyable concert experience at the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
- 10-15 hours a week, evenings and weekends only September through July
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome Governing Members, VIPs and their guests to the Lounge at all season subscription and special concerts and track daily check-in volume.
- Maintain inventory of lounge supplies including chocolate, wine and spirits, non-alcoholic drinks and other items.
- Prepare complimentary refreshments before each concert, replenish for intermission and clear for storage following the concert.
- Ensure the Lounge has updated copies of Overture Magazine and other printed materials at each concert.
- Address any concerns or comments regarding the concert experience and refer any unresolved issue to the Director of the Annual Fund.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with donors and their guests.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- At least 1 year of previous host/hostess or concierge experience.
- Interest in classical music.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to devojobs@BSOmusic.org
No calls or fax please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
With 100 years of history, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its enduring pursuit of artistic excellence, the BSO has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout Maryland through innovative education and community outreach initiatives. The BSO made musical history in September 2007, when Maestra Marin Alsop led her inaugural concerts as the Orchestra’s 12th music director, making her the first woman to head a major American orchestra. With her highly praised artistic vision, her dynamic musicianship and her commitment to accessibility in classical music, Maestra Alsop’s directorship has ushered in a new era for the BSO and its audiences.