Position: Housekeeping Staff
Reports to: Director of Facilities
To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and Offices, and to manage the housekeeping department efficiently to maintain standards and control costs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all offices and public areas are maintained by:
- Monitoring calendar events and scheduling housekeepers to cover the required workload.
- Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily.
- Replenishing paper goods throughout the hall and offices.
- Launder tablecloths, towels and other linens.
- Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies.
- To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by:
- Ensuring set up requests are dealt with in a speedy and accurate fashion.
- Resolving any problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management is kept informed.
- Report any maintenance requests in order to comply with the BSO’s established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must attend Monthly Events Meetings to ensure your department is informed of upcoming events and required set-up needs.
- To set and maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the BSO by:
- Managing stock control and ordering to ensure availability of stock and cost control to maintain costs to a minimum.
- Attending any appropriate off and on the job training courses.
- Wearing a clean and suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
- Implementing the BSO’s good customer relations policy, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times.
- To ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
- Ability to lift, push and pull required load (usually about 30lbs)
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Listening skills
- Planning and organizing
- Team work
- High energy levels
- Competitive salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Free and/or discounted tickets to BSO
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume to Kevin Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
ABOUT THE BSO
Founded in 1916, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its uncompromising pursuit of artistic excellence, the Baltimore Symphony has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout the Maryland community through innovative education and community outreach initiatives. The BSO’s marketing department promotes the many aspects of the world-class Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. The BSO presents nearly 160 concerts throughout the season across a diverse range of series including Off the Cuff, Classical, Family, Super Pops and mid-week education concerts serving public, private schools and home-school students in Baltimore City, Baltimore, Montgomery, Prince George’s and Howard counties.