Position: Part-Time Housekeeper
Department: General Manager
Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Housekeeper and Director of Patron Services
To ensure the cleanliness, hygiene, and tidiness is maintained throughout the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and Offices, during both office and concert hours. To deal with set up requests as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all offices, public, and non-public areas are maintained:
- Completing required tasks on daily and weekly calendar schedules provided.
- Daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas, and public areas to the highest standards. This includes, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily.
- Replenishing paper goods throughout the hall and offices.
- Launder tablecloths, towels and other linens.
- Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies.
2. To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by:
- Dealing with set up requests requiring room set up and refreshments in a speedy and accurate fashion.
- Action any cleaning and maintenance requests in order to comply with the BSO’s established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
3. To maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the BSO:
- Attending any appropriate off and on the job training courses.
- Wearing a clean and suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
- Implementing the BSO’s good customer relations policy, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times.
4. To ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
5. Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
- knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
- working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
- ability to lift, push and pull required load (usually about 30lbs)
- ability to work evening and weekend hours
- attention to detail
- customer focus
- listening skills
- team work
- high energy levels
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form and submit to email@example.com, or mail to the attention of Tiffany Bryan, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 1212 Cathedral St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
With 100 years of history, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its enduring pursuit of artistic excellence, the BSO has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout Maryland through innovative education and community outreach initiatives. The BSO made musical history in September 2007, when Maestra Marin Alsop led her inaugural concerts as the Orchestra’s 12th music director, making her the first woman to head a major American orchestra. With her highly praised artistic vision, her dynamic musicianship and her commitment to accessibility in classical music, Maestra Alsop’s directorship has ushered in a new era for the BSO and its audiences.