Department: Education and Community Engagement
Reports to: OrchKids Operations Director
Classification: Part-time (20-30hrs a week)
Applications are currently being received on a rolling basis and ideal candidates will be contacted based on openings and availability.
The OrchKids Program Assistant will assist in running daily operations of the OrchKids program with the primary responsibilities at Lockerman-Bundy Elementary School.
- Assist in logistical planning for field trips, special events, and performances
- Assist with OrchKids enrollment and management of the OrchKids student body
- Assist in tracking attendance and behavior for all children in OrchKids
- Coordinate the dismissal process from the OrchKids program
- Coordinating parental involvement and communication
- Work with Artistic Director and OrchKids teaching staff to organize concert performances including event sheets
- Assist in the transportation of all necessary equipment including large instruments to concert venues
- Assist in the setup of all non-instrumental equipment for concerts and special rehearsals
- Assist in the loading and unloading of equipment
- Assist in the exchange of equipment including the transportation from school to school
- Assist in the coordination of instrument repair including purchase, pick-up, and drop off
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated effective planning and organizational skills, able to meet deadlines consistently in a timely manner.
- Personal leadership through example coupled with ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task calmly and to handle emergencies effectively.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Effective and strong child management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills, and the ability to maintain tact, diplomacy and the strictest confidence as needed.
- Completion of a successful background check.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Relocation assistance is not provided.The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.