How do I order tickets to a BSO Midweek Concert?
Ordering Tickets to a BSO Midweek Education Concert
Price: $6/ticket with one complimentary ticket for every 15 tickets.
(For example, an order of 60 total patrons would be $342, with 57 paid tickets and 3 free tickets.)
1. Ordering Tickets:
You may purchase tickets either:
• Online: For smaller orders of up to 80 seats, you may order tickets directly online by clicking on the concert date/time of your choice.
• Order Form: You may also download our ORDER FORM and fax the order form to us at 410-783-8004.
• Please note: If you are a teacher of a large group and are unable to pay immediately, you may send us the order form to reserve your seats in advance. You will then have until two weeks prior to the performance to collect payment from students and submit it to us.
• The BSO cannot provide refunds or exchanges.
• Order Acknowledgment: Once your tickets are ordered, you will be sent an Order Acknowledgment form in the mail, reflecting the number of tickets purchased and any balance still due. This Acknowledgement serves as your “ticket” to the event – the BSO does not distribute physical tickets to Midweek events. Please bring your order acknowledgement with you on your concert day.
• CD: All Midweek patrons also receive a complimentary CD of the music to be performed on the concert they are attending. These CDs help educators prepare students for their BSO concert experience.
3. Teacher Guides: Corresponding arts-integrated lesson plans have been designed through our partnership with the Maryland Music Educators Association (MMEA) to enhance your students’ concert experience. Download the 2012 – 2013 lesson plans HERE.
Where are the concerts held?
Concerts are held at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore.
If a student is absent, can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, no refunds or exchanges are possible.
Can I take photographs during the concert?
No. Cameras, tape recorders and video/audio recording devices are not permitted inside the concert hall.
What happens in the case of school cancellations or delays due to snow?
In the case of inclement weather, please listen to WBAL or WJHU or visit the www.BSOKids.com homepage for an announcement about BSO Education Concerts. Performances are rarely cancelled due to inclement weather. The decision to cancel a concert is made by the administrators of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and is not dependent on any one school district. Every effort will be made to reschedule a cancelled concert and you will be notified if a reschedule date is possible.
Can my students sit in the hall or lobby to eat a snack or lunch?
Unfortunately, there is no space in the lobby for groups to eat. You may plan to arrive early and have a snack on the bus, however, before the concert begins.
We are a small homeschool family. Can we still attend the Mid-Week concerts?
Absolutely! Homeschool and small groups are welcome at all of our concerts. If you are a part of a larger homeschool group and plan to arrive separately, please make sure that all parties know the name of the person who placed the order or have a copy of the Education Acknowledgement Form.
Can I bring my young child if he/she sits on my lap?
We do not recommend attendance for children under the age of 3. Every patron must purchase an individual ticket, regardless of age. If you need to bring a younger child, you may stay in the lobby and view the concert on video monitors.
I have a child with special needs in my class. What do I need to do to make sure his/her needs are met?
Please note any specials needs on your order form and contact the Education Office at 410.783.8118 or - email@example.com. Every effort will be made to accommodate your group. Both the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and the Music Center at Strathmore are wheelchair accessible and offer assistance for students who are hard of hearing. The Meyerhoff can provide FM-band hearing loops and the Music Center at Strathmore is equipped with a Radio Frequency Assistive Listening System. Sign-interpreted performances or cued speech transliteration may be arranged upon request.
When will I receive my tickets to the concert?
There are no printed tickets for Mid-Week Education Concerts. An Order Acknowledgement Form will be mailed to you approximately two weeks after your order has been processed. Acknowledgements will not be sent prior to September. Please bring the form with you on the day of the concert. (Your seating assignment will be given to you when you arrive at the Hall.)