Help your students to get the most from their concert experience with the following helpful tips!
- Prepare your students for their concert experience by listening to the Concert Preparation CDs and completing the lessons in the Teachers' Guides.
- If members of your group have special needs, please list these needs on your order form. In addition, please contact the BSO Education Department at 410.783.8118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks prior to the concert to confirm all accommodations.
- If you are traveling by bus, make certain that the bus operator has directions and procedures for arrival at the Meyerhoff.
- If arriving by car, please be prepared to a pay a fee for parking in one of the adjacent garages.
- Upon arrival at the Hall, please make sure to follow the directions of the BSO representatives and Baltimore City police officers. They are there for your safety and assistance. Do not unload your bus until instructed to do so by a BSO representative.
- When you enter the Hall, please check in at the table in the main lobby for your seating assignment. The check-in location for homeschool groups is in the Park Avenue Lounge on the right side of the lobby.
- Remind your students that no food, drink, or chewing gum is allowed in the hall.
- Photography is not permitted in the concert hall.
- We do not recommend children under the age of three at these concerts.
- Ask your students to remain in their seats at the end of the concert. A BSO representative will dismiss each group.
- Once your group is dismissed, proceed quickly and quietly to your designated exit. If you are unclear as to which exit to use, please do not hesitate to ask a BSO representative.
- Ask your students to reflect on their concert experience with the "Be a Music Critic" activity or by using an age-appropriate "Student Response Sheet".
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the BSO Education Department at 410.783.8118 or email email@example.com.