These guides were thoughtfully designed by a hand-picked team of teachers from a range of counties across Maryland.† Inside each guide you will find a variety of lesson plan seeds and sprouts, STEAM activities, and a comprehensive list of resources for curricular connections to science, music, and language arts.† The Lesson Plan Seeds and Sprouts are built upon the STEAM Initiative (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) and immersed in an Arts Integrated format.
Inside these beautiful guides, you will find:
- What Beethoven Might Have Heard: scientific simulations of Beethovenís hearing
- How to keep a snowman alive & The Snowman Emotions Listening Map
- Exploration of Plate Tectonics & insights about Copland
- Interactive animal activities relating to language arts & music
- Creative music lesson seeds
- Plus many more exciting STEAM Activated activities
We worked closely with members of the BSO Science Advisory team, to strengthen the STEAM connections.
These guides were produced in collaboration with Arts Education in Maryland Schools Alliance (AEMS), to ensure these resources meet a high standard for educators.