BSO Academy Week Chamber Track
June 20-26, 2015
Play in chamber ensembles led by BSO musicians
The new and improved Chamber Music Track, created with the avid chamber musician in mind, features chamber music and chamber orchestra sessions, sectionals, the opportunity to participate in BSO-led workshops on chamber music techniques, and two performance opportunities.
- Small Chamber Ensemble: Participants will rehearse and perform in chamber groups such as quartets or quintets led by Baltimore Symphony musicians.
- Large Chamber Ensemble: Participants will rehearse and perform in a larger ensemble such as an octet, dectet or small chamber orchestra, dependent on enrollment and instrumentation.
- BSO Faculty Classes: Participants of the Chamber Track may attend and participate in all classes and social activities. They may also audit all Orchestra rehearsals and sectionals. This component will include access to all provided meals and orchestral track activities.
Participants in the Chamber Track will also receive:
- Performances: Participants have the opportunity to perform during the week.
- Recordings: Participants will receive a digital copy of their performances.
- Individual Practice: Space is available for participants to practice on their own during their free time throughout the week.
Add-On Program Activities Include:
- Private Lessons *: Participants may take private lessons with a BSO member of their choice. Participants may choose to work on solo, chamber or orchestral repertoire. Participants may choose to have several lessons with different faculty members.
- Solo with Piano*: rehearse and perform a solo piece with pianist and BSO violist Mary Woehr. Solo with Piano rehearsal and performance scheduled for Sunday, June 21.
* Additional fee required for participation