BSO Academy Week Fees & Schedules
2017 BSO Academy General Information
The 2016 BSO Academy Week has concluded. Please see information about the 2016 Academy below and stay tuned for information about the 2017 program!
2016 Academy Week Schedule
Please note that all classes, content, locations, and faculty are subject to change. Schedule link opens a PDF in a new window.
Full Week Complete Schedule (Includes All Tracks & Add-On Activities) (Large Print Version)
BSO Academy Tuition & Fees
Application Fee: $50
Orchestral Track: $1,900
Full Chamber Track: $1,750
Chamber Track Express: $1,300
Chamber Music Alone: $700
Chamber Orchestra Alone: $700
Music Educator Track: $1,900
Music Educator Track for participants seeking UMBC credit: $1,900*
Music Educator Track for UMBC Students: $1,000
Music Educator Track for Undergraduates: $1,200
Arts Administrator Track: $950
*UMBC tuition for Music Educators is a separate cost from the BSO Academy tuition. Participants enrolled for graduate credit through UMBC are billed directly by the university. After earning UMBC credit, participants will receive a $300 tuition rebate. CLICK HERE to learn more about UMBC credit!
Solo with Piano: Participants rehearse and perform a solo piece with pianist and BSO violist Mary Woehr. Limited space available.
- $50, 10 minute rehearsal with piano (5 minute piece maximum)
- $100, 20 minute rehearsal with piano (10 minute piece maximum)
Private Lessons*: Participants take up to four private lessons with BSO members of their choosing to work on solo, chamber, or orchestral repertoire. Private lessons are scheduled on Saturday, June 18, and Sunday, June 19.
- $130, 1 hour lesson (Purchased before April 1, 2016)
- $170, 1 hour lesson (Purchased between April 2, 2016 – June 1, 2016)
- $200, 1 hour lesson (Purchased after June 2, 2016)
*Scheduling private lessons after April 1 is nearly impossible and causes major distruptions to the program schedule. Sign up early and get a great rate!
Chamber Music: Participants rehearse and perform in side-by-side chamber groups with Baltimore Symphony members. Chamber groups are quartets or larger.
- $650, 1 chamber music group; Four 1.5 hour rehearsals and one concert
Academy Chamber Orchestra (ACO): Participants play chamber orchestra works in a smaller ensemble conducted by BSO Concertmaster Jonathan Carney with string sections led by BSO members and wind sections coached by BSO musicians.
- $650; Four 1.5 hour rehearsals, one 1.5 hour sectional, and one concert
Additional Orchestra (Play in Group 1 & Group 2 Orchestras): As space allows, participants may request to play in both Academy full orchestras. Please note that this option is only available as space allows and would require participants to miss other Academy activities.
- $750, Four extra full orchestra rehearsals, one extra sectional session, one extra participants-only rehearsal, and one extra full orchestra performance
BSO Academy Hotel Accommodations:
Hotel Indigo Baltimore: Official Hotel of the 2017 BSO Academy Week
A blend of downtown cool and uptown sophistication, the Hotel Indigo Baltimore sets a new standard for artsy, eclectic style in Baltimore’s cobblestoned Mount Vernon neighborhood.
Limited rooms available Friday, June 23 – Sunday, July 2, 2017
- Poet's Modern Cocktails & Eats
- Complimentary Wine Wednesday reception in the Library
- 24-hour Front Desk
- Fitness Center
- Business Center
- Laundry Facilities
- Dry cleaning service
- Parking garage/self parking
Special Amenities for Academy Week Guests:
- $99/night group rate
- 10% off in-restaurant dining purchases at Poet's Modern Cocktails & Eats (excluding alcohol and in-room dining)
Please contact Hotel Indigo Baltimore directly for more information: 410-625-6200 (Ask for "Reservations," Group Code: BSO)
Refund Policy: All fees (i.e. application fee, deposit, tuition, parking, private lessons, etc.) are NON-REFUNDABLE.