BSO Academy Week Fees & Schedules
2015 Academy Fees & Schedules
BSO Academy Week: Saturday, June 20, 2015 – Saturday, June 27, 2015
- Located at Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Baltimore School for the Arts, the Engineer’s Club, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Schedule and content subject to change.
- Exact start date/time unique to each track
(PDF Track Schedules open in new window)
Orchestral Track Schedule: June 21-27, 2015
Chamber Track Schedule: June 20-26, 2015
Music Educator Track Schedule: June 20-27, 2015
Arts Administrator Track Schedule: June 20-27, 2015
BSO Academy Tuition & Fees
Application Fee: $50
BSO Academy alumni who participate in the December 17th Rusty Musicians program will receive a $15 discount on the 2015 BSO Academy application fee!
Orchestral Track: $1,900
- Chamber Music Add-On: $650
- Chamber Orchestra Add-On: $650
Chamber Track: $1,900
Music Educator Track: $1,900 *
* Music Educator Track participants who also earn graduate credit through UMBC will receive a $400 discount on BSO Academy tuition. UMBC tuition is a separate cost from the BSO Academy tuition. Participants enrolled for graduate credit through UMBC will be billed directly by the university.
Music Educator Track for Undergraduates: $1,100*
*This special rate is for current undergraduate students.
Arts Administrator Track: $950
Solo with Piano: $50
Private Lessons: $150/lesson
Scholarships: A limited number of full and partial scholarships will be awarded to qualifying participants on the Orchestral or Music Educator Tracks. Click the link below for more details. (PDF Scholarship Application opens in a new window.)
Deadline for Application: Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Participants Notified of Application Decision: 1-2 weeks after the application is received
Deposit Due: One week after acceptance
Tuition Balance and Add-On Payments Due: Two weeks after deposit
All fees (i.e. application fee, deposit, tuition, parking, private lessons, etc.) are NON-REFUNDABLE. We highly encourage participants to purchase Academy trip insurance. Information regarding trip insurance will be made available to those accepted into the Academy.
Limited hotel accommodations are available at a special rate of $99 at the Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court Hotel. This rate includes a continental breakfast on-the-go each morning.
Limited hotel accommodations are available for $109 and $169 per night at the Hotel Brexton.
More information about hotel accommodations will be made available to accepted participants.