BSO Academy Week Fees & Schedules
2015 Academy Fees & Schedules
The 2015 Academy Week was featured on NPR Classical's Deceptive Cadence! Click here for the story!
The 2015 Academy Week has concluded. Please check back soon for information about the 2016 Academy!
BSO Academy Week: Saturday, June 20, 2015 – Saturday, June 27, 2015
- Located at Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Baltimore School for the Arts, the Engineer’s Club, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Schedule and content subject to change.
- Exact start date/time unique to each track
(PDF Track Schedules open in new window)
Orchestral Track Schedule: June 21-27, 2015
Chamber Track Schedule: June 20-26, 2015
Music Educator Track Schedule: June 20-27, 2015
Arts Administrator Track Schedule: June 20-27, 2015
BSO Academy Tuition & Fees
Application Fee: $50
BSO Academy alumni who participate in the December 17th Rusty Musicians program will receive a $15 discount on the 2015 BSO Academy application fee!
Orchestral Track: $1,900
- Chamber Music Add-On: $650
- Chamber Orchestra Add-On: $650
Chamber Track: $1,900
Music Educator Track: $1,900 *
* Music Educator Track participants who also earn graduate credit through UMBC received a $400 discount on BSO Academy tuition. UMBC tuition was a separate cost from the BSO Academy tuition. Participants enrolled for graduate credit through UMBC were be billed directly by the university.
Music Educator Track for Undergraduates: $1,100*
*This special rate was for current undergraduate students.
Arts Administrator Track: $950
Solo with Piano: $50
Private Lessons: $150/lesson
Scholarships: A limited number of full and partial scholarships were awarded to qualifying participants on the Orchestral or Music Educator Tracks. Click the link below for more details. (PDF Scholarship Application opens in a new window.)
Participants Notified of Application Decision: 1-2 weeks after the application is received
Deposit Due: One week after acceptance
Tuition Balance and Add-On Payments Due: Two weeks after deposit
All fees (i.e. application fee, deposit, tuition, parking, private lessons, etc.) were NON-REFUNDABLE. We highly encouraged participants to purchase Academy trip insurance. Information regarding trip insurance was be made available to those accepted into the Academy.
Limited hotel accommodations were available at a special rate of $99 at the Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court Hotel. This rate included a continental breakfast on-the-go each morning.
Limited hotel accommodations were available for $109 and $169 per night at the Hotel Brexton.
More information about hotel accommodations was made available to accepted participants.