BSO Academy Week Orchestral Track
- Sectionals with the BSO: BSO members lead participants in preparatory sectionals before the week’s orchestral rehearsals begin.
- Participant-Only Rehearsal: The BSO Assistant Conductor will lead participants in a preparatory rehearsal to understand how the music fits together prior to the start of the full orchestra rehearsals.
- Rehearsals with the BSO: Maestra Marin Alsop leads BSO members and two groups of Academy participants in side-by-side rehearsals throughout the week.
- Performance with the BSO: Culminating the week, participants and BSO members perform together under the baton of Marin Alsop onstage at the Meyerhoff in front of an audience.
- BSO Faculty Classes: Classes and seminars on interesting topics presented by BSO faculty throughout the week.
- Individual Practice: Space available for participants to practice on their own during free time throughout the week.
Add-On Program Activities Include:
- Chamber Music*: Rehearse and perform in side-by-side chamber groups with Baltimore Symphony members. Chamber groups must be quartets or larger.
- Academy Chamber Orchestra (ACO)*: Play chamber orchestra works in a smaller ensemble conducted by BSO concert master Jonathan Carney with string sections led by BSO members and wind sections coached by BSO musicians. 2014 ACO repertoire is yet to be determined, but will include works by composers such as Mozart, Schubert and Beethoven.
- Private Lessons*: Take private lessons with one or more BSO members of your choice. Work on solo, chamber or orchestral repertoire.
*Additional fee required for participation