Academy Programs Rusty Musicians
Nicholas Hersh, conductor
Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
Registration for the December 17th Rusty Musicians program opens November 3rd!
Group 1: 6:30-7:20pm
Rimsky Korsakov Polonaise from Christmas Eve
Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 1 (Winter Dreams) 4th movement
Tchaikovsky Nutcracker Ballet Act I Scenes 8 and 9
Group 2: 7:50-8:40pm
Tchaikovsky Nutcracker Ballet Act II (ending with Pas de Deux)
- Participants must be age 21 or older, be able to read music and play an instrument that is part of the standard orchestra instrumentation.
- Acceptance is limited to space available.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with participant admission based on the order in which applications are received. (No audition is necessary!)
- Please note that space is not guaranteed in each orchestra.
- We highly encourage participants to apply as soon as possible.
- Participants must submit a non-refundable participation fee at the time of registration.
- Participation Fee: $90
- Special New Rusty Participation Fee: $65 *
* This rate is for musicians new to Rusty Musicians and Academy programs. Past participants in BSO Instrument Clinics are eligible for the new participant rate if they have not participated in Rusty Musicians or Academy programs previously.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
Special BSO Academy Alumni Discount!: Academy Alumni who participate in the Dec. 17 Rusty Musicians will receive a $15 discount on the 2015 BSO Academy application fee!
Hotel accommodations are available at a special rate of $99/night for Rusty Musicians participants at the Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court Hotel. More information will be made available to accepted participants.