All students auditioning for BSYO should follow the steps below.
1) Determine which ensemble is the best fit for your musical development:
- Review the orchestra descriptions with your private teacher.
- Review the audition requirements with your private teacher.
2) Complete the online application form. ***Please note that this form link is for last year's auditions. The application form for the 2017-2018 auditions will be posted at the end of March.
- Online Application, click here!
3) Submit the $40 application fee.
4) Once your application is complete, we will contact you by email with your audition time and other necessary details.
5) Prepare for your audition, making sure to follow the audition requirements. You do not need to audition twice if you are interested in more than one orchestra, but you must prepare excerpts for the highest level orchestra for which you wish to audition.
6) After the audition, it may take a few weeks to notify everyone with their results. Notifications are generally done by email. Results are final.