Governing Members Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the Governing Members?
- A constituency imbued with a passionate love of symphony music and deep commitment to sustaining and enhancing it for succeeding generations
- A major BSO fundraising arm
- A social group interested in BSO performances as well as the social counterpart offered in the Georgia and Peter Angelos Governing Members Lounge and elsewhere
- A BSO music appreciation and advocacy group
- An organization predisposed to volunteerism (at the discretion of each member)
- A group of community leaders with a direct link to BSO Musicians and Administration
How can I become a Governing Member?
- An annual contribution of $3,000 or more
- Appointment as a GM is renewed every year and is linked to maintaining one's annual financial contribution
What are the benefits of becoming a Governing Member?
- Admission to the Georgia and Peter Angelos Governing Members Lounge, with complimentary wine, champagne, and refreshments before the concert and during intermission
- Free Garage parking during BSO concerts
- VIP ticket ordering for BSO events and Complimentary Ticket Exchange
- Invitations to catered, pre-concert Allegretto dinners
- Invitations to On-Stage Rehearsals
- Meet and Greet opportunities with Musicians and Guest Artists
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Networking opportunities with other Governing Members
- Special year long recognition in Overture
- 10% discount on music, books and gifts at the Symphony Store
- Passes to the Baltimore Symphony Associates Decorators' Show House
- and more!
Check out the membership page to see the full list of benefits for Governing Members at the Meyerhoff.
“My wife and I are very impressed by the outstanding music we hear every time we attend the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. We joined the Governing Members because it gave us the opportunity to overtly and covertly support the superb musicians and creative team that combine to bring us that glorious music night after night, season after season. We have enjoyed trips to other symphony halls, trips to Carnegie Hall to hear the BSO and evening discussions with the players from the BSO. Friendships have developed and are nurtured within the Governing Members Lounge at the Meyerhoff. Joining the BSO Governing Members seems like the best bargain in town.”
“Audience members of the Baltimore Symphony know how lucky we are to live in a city with a world class orchestra. But the BSO's Governing Members are even luckier to be able to give something back. In exchange for our contribution, we are granted a rare opportunity to get to know both the musicians and staff of this remarkable organization on a personal basis. As an ex-patriot New Yorker, I can tell you that in my former home town, at this level of contribution I would never be invited to participate in the exciting events and activities of the Governing Members throughout the year.”
“We have been GMs since the Governing Members first started and enjoy meeting other people who are members. We have taken advantage of trips, dinners, and other special events that have made us feel like we are a part of the BSO family. The music is most important, but we value our new friendships and all of the great experiences that we have had.”
--Cathy and Mac McClelland
For more information about the Governing Members, please contact:
Director of the Annual Fund
410.783.8058 | smoore@BSOmusic.org