Not Logged In
Senior Ticket Agent
Telefunding and Teleservices Associate
Ushers and Concessions Staff
Position: Senior Ticket Agent – Special Events
Department: Ticket Office
Status: Hourly, full time, non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Ticket Services, Ticket Services Manager
The Senior Ticket Agent for Special Events is responsible for assisting the Director of Ticket Services and the Ticket Services Managers with the management of non-BSO events at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall as well as BSO events that take place at Oregon Ridge Park and other off site locations. The ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of a ticket office environment, should be a knowledgeable Tessitura and Ticketmaster user, have the ability to balance several tasks at once, be willing to learn new skills quickly and accurately, and possess a professional, outgoing personality that reflects the organization's commitment to excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Ticket Agents are required to perform many general Box Office duties above and beyond the duties specific to their position. This includes processing BSO single ticket orders, subscription orders and exchanges for patrons, answering phone calls, working concerts, mailing tickets, preparing will call, contacting patrons to solve customer service issues and anything else necessary to keep the Ticket Office operating efficiently. In addition to those duties, the Senior Ticket Agent for Special Events:
- Assists with the management of rental events sold via Ticketmaster. This may include monitoring inventory, solving customer service issues, providing ticket counts, filling ticket requests, completing weekly deposits and reconciliation paperwork, and managing the box office on event day.
- Assists with Oregon Ridge ticketing operations. This may include printing and preparing tickets to sell at the park, preparing totes and supplies, and handling money on site.
- Assists with other Meyerhoff rentals such as the Baltimore Speaker Series and graduations. This might include printing graduation tickets for schools to distribute, completing seat assignments, solving customer service issues, and serving as the point of contact on event day.
- Helps manage other off site BSO events as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILTIES
HOW TO APPLY
- Exceptional customer service and computer skills
- 3 + years experience working in a Box Office environment
- Knowledge of the Ticketmaster ticketing system required
- Knowledge of the Tessitura ticketing system a plus
- Must be available to work all special events, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to provide own transportation for off site events
- Must be willing and able to learn new skills quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to multitask and work well in high stress situations
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to Amy Bruce, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 1212 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. No phone calls please.
Return to the top
Transport BSO artists and equipment between hotels, airports, Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Music Center at Strathmore, and other locations; Driving BSO vehicles, including a 15 passenger van.
2 part time positions are available; average of 15 – 30 hours/week.
- Maintain awareness of being the first point of contact with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Pick up and drop off artists and/or equipment safely and efficiently, following traffic regulations at all times
- Load and unload luggage, musical instruments and other equipment as needed—into and out of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and well-maintained.
- Maintain regular communication with the Artistic department.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times regarding information shared by artists, BSO employees and others while driving, onstage backstage or elsewhere while on or off duty.
- Maintain discretion at all times; only create conversation with artists if and when the person being driven engages you in conversation. Do not answer questions of which you are not sure.
- Other duties as requested by Artist Coordinator or other members of the Artistic department, including but not limited to setting up dressing rooms.
- Valid U.S. Drivers License required
- Clean driving record
- Familiar with Baltimore area, freeway system, traffic patterns and good with directions/maps.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgement and discretion
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights and overtime hours.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Professional demeanor and well-groomed appearance.
- Maintain working cell-phone number that can be distributed to guest-artists for transportation communication.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and drive for extended periods.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Return to the top
Title: Teleservices Associate
The Orchestra seeks both enthusiastic and talented representatives for the 2013-2014 Subscription Sales Campaign.
Your work with Baltimore's premier presenting organization will provide skills which will be of value in all your future professional endeavors.
The compensation is hourly pay plus commission plus bonuses and free tickets!
The Season Ticket representatives will generate new subscribers to the Symphony thus advancing the audience development efforts of the Marketing Department.
Ideal candidates are smart, well-spoken with experience in sales prospecting and retention (inside/outsides sales, fundraising, business development, brokerage, telemarketing etc). A love of both classical and popular music is beneficial.
Benefits of the position include:Working on behalf of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Opportunity to earn consistent, competitive pay with a guaranteed hourly rate plus commission structure
Working in a team of other talented individuals, working in a friendly and competitive environment
A schedule which allows you to pursue other interests during the day and on weekends
Perks such as free tickets to performances
Qualifications:A vibrant focused speaking voice with excellent grammar and experience in sales is highly desired.
Knowledge and enthusiasm for promoting the organization and its financial needs.
Goal oriented with a competitive spirit; pride in success!
Strong work ethic, dependability and punctuality.
The Department is located in the main offices of the Baltimore Symphony
Hours and days: Monday-Friday 11:00PM-9:00PM; Saturday 10:00AM-2:00PM: Minimum of 20 hours per week
Contact 410-783-8098 and leave a brief message. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
Return to the top
Position: Ushers & Concessions Staff
We are always seeking friendly, professional, and energetic Ushers, Bartenders, and Concessions Staff. Flexible hours, great atmosphere, convenient to public transportation. Apply in person at the Box Office of the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. (1212 Cathedral St.) No phone calls, please.
Return to the top