|Position:||Patron Support Specialist|
|Reports to:||Patron Support Manager|
|Classification:||Part-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt|
|Hours:||20-25 hours per week|
|Location:||Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall|
Patron Support Specialists represent the face of the BSO and assist with all aspects of customer service, including but not limited to subscription sales, group and single ticket sales, memberships, contributions and resolving customer issues by phone, e-mail, and in person for all BSO venues, including the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and the Music Center at Strathmore. Patron Support Specialists should possess a friendly, service-oriented demeanor and be willing to go above and beyond to provide an exceptional customer service experience to BSO patrons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the operation of the Patron Support call center, answering customer phone calls in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist patrons through all available sales/communication channels, including by phone, by email, or in person at the Box Office window. This includes assisting patrons at the window with ticket purchases and will call pick up during BSO performances
- Process and fulfil a wide variety of ticketing transactions, including single ticket orders, group sales, subscription orders and renewals, seat change requests, gala and special event tickets, ticket exchanges, ticket donations, and rental events sold through Ticketmaster.
- Process contributions and memberships; assist patrons with questions about their membership status and/or contribution history and provide contribution acknowledgements as needed.
- Assist with member event reservations and questions, in coordination with the Advancement team.
- Data entry and database maintenance, including building and maintaining patron accounts, merging duplicate patron accounts, updating, and troubleshooting website logins, tracking customer feedback and preferences, entering brochure and information requests.
- Become familiar with our products and venues to answer patron questions and make seating and programming recommendations.
- Understand our website purchase path and patron account structures to assist patrons with technical issues.
- Keep the office clean and organized. File will call tickets, get tickets out in the mail quickly and help keep the office well stocked with necessary supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Ticketing, arts/amusement, retail, or customer service experience required, 1+ years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music or the arts a plus.
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication skills and be able to interact with patrons in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, be willing to navigate difficult customer service scenarios and share our commitment to excellent customer service, teamwork, and maintaining a professional work environment.
- Must be proficient with computers and be able to use a CRM system. Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Knowledge of Tessitura, Ticketmaster, or similar ticketing software systems a plus.
- Must have flexible availability and willing to work daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Some holidays required. Must be punctual for all shifts.
- NEEDED AVAILABILITY: We are looking for someone who is available to work during the day on Wednesday and Sunday (Note that the office is closed on Sundays in the months of July and August.)
- Must be willing to work at offsite venues on rare occasions (i.e. Oregon Ridge Park, Music Center at Strathmore).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is internationally-recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its enduring pursuit of artistic excellence, the BSO has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout Maryland through innovative education and community outreach initiatives.
Organized in 1916, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is the only major American orchestra originally established as a branch of the municipal government. Reorganized as a private institution in 1942, it maintains close relationships with the governments and communities of the city and surrounding counties, as well as with the State of Maryland.
The BSO made musical history in September 2007, when Maestra Marin Alsop led her inaugural concerts as the Orchestra’s 12th music director, making her the first woman to head a major American orchestra. With her highly praised artistic vision, her dynamic musicianship and her commitment to accessibility in classical music, Maestra Alsop’s directorship has ushered in a new era for the BSO and its audiences.
More information about the BSO can be found at our website: www.BSOmusic.org.