Music Educators Academy Overview
Rehearse and Perform:
- Sectionals with the BSO: Members of the BSO lead the orchestra in preparatory sectionals before the week begins.
- Rehearsals with the BSO: Maestro Case Scaglione will lead BSO Members and participants in rehearsals throughout the week.
- Performance with the BSO: Culminating the week, participants and BSO members perform together under the baton of Case Scaglione onstage at the Meyerhoff in front of an audience.
- Conduct the BSO: Work with Maestro Case Scaglione in a series of conducting workshops culminating in select participants conducting the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Seminars: Course content may include arranging, practice and rehearsal techniques, and improvisation
- Technology Classes: Explore new possibilities technology has opened for music with UMBC faculty
- Instrumental Workshops and Secondary Instrument Classes: Work on primary and secondary instrument playing skills through workshops and classes by BSO members and UMBC faculty
Wagner, Overture to Tannhauser, WWV 70
Brahms, Variations on a Theme by Haydn, Op. 56
Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 4
- Andante sostenuto
- Andantino in modo di canzona
- Scherzo: Pizzicato ostinato
- Finale: Allegro con fuoco
Repertoire is subject to change.