Book OrchKids for your next event!
Interested in having OrchKids perform at an event? Want to find out more about having the OrchKids Artistic Staff speak at an event? Read below for more information.
About OrchKids Performers
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s OrchKids program has performed for over 250,000 audience members since the program’s inception in 2007. Our students have performed at major venues across the United States, including the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Carnegie Hall, DiMenna Center (NYC), Verizon Center.
OrchKids inspires its over 750 students to explore all genres of music and its orchestral, choral, drumming, and mixed genre ensembles have performed with a range of artists, from Roger Waters, Renee Fleming and Matisyahu to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, beat boxer Shodekeh, Pink Martini, and Hillary Hahn.
- OrchKids Artistic Ensembles: The ensembles listed below can be presented in various combinations to create a more varied performance and longer program.
- Jazz Band: OrchKids Jazz Band will turn your event into the coolest gathering around with tunes like "Blue Train" and "Calypso."
- Orchestra: Our full orchestra performs a range of repertoire, from classical staples such as Dvorak’s New World Symphony to pop hits such as Imagine Dragons’ “Radioactive.”
- Performance Bucket Band: This group is sure to have your audience on its feet and dancing with rhythms and grooves of their own creation.
- Performance Choir: Harnessing the power of each child’s voice, the choir presents moving performances of a wide range of repertoire, from Handel to Pharell’s Happy.
- Chamber Music Groups: Choose a string quartet, woodwind trio, brass ensemble or harp ensemble to class up your party or conference with the likes of Mozart, Bach or even the popular hit, “La Cucaracha.”
- Speaking Engagements by OrchKids Administration: Passionate advocates of social change through music education, OrchKids administrative staff have presented at a multitude of events throughout the US and internationally. Organizations and conferences at which the administration has lectured include the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Yale University, Mozarteum, American Visionary Arts Museum, Urban Music Education Conference, the South Banke Center, and TEDx Baltimore.As skillful presenters, OrchKids staff can tailor their lectures and topics in order to best connect with a variety of audiences. Please contact our staff here in order to discuss possibilities for future engagements.
To Book An Event:
For more information on booking an event, please contact Lisa Philip, OrchKids Artistic Coordinator.Please include in your email your:
- Name, email, and phone number
- Sponsoring Organization
- Event information (date, time, location, event schedule)
- OrchKids artistic offering in which you are interested booking (group type, speaking engagement, etc.)