Join our team of over 100 dedicated volunteers to make music happen in our venues, in our schools, and all over our state of Maryland. With a wide variety of support needs, there is a volunteer opportunity for all audiences and ages. Review our volunteer opportunity categories below for more specific details.
To demonstrate our gratitude for the dedication of our Volunteers, the BSO offers the following benefits:
- Complimentary and Discount Tickets to select performances
- Personalized BSO Name Badges
- Invitations to special events in honor of our Donors and Volunteers
- Name recognition in external communications like programs and annual reports
- A stake in the future of the BSO through open feedback and listening sessions with staff
We require the following of our Volunteers:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be committed to creating a safe and comfortable experience for all BSO patrons, staff, artists, and guests regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Accept and abide by the BSO Code of Conduct at all times while representing our institution, both on and off-site.
- The ability to use the Bloomerang application or website to register, complete training, sign-up for shifts, and track hours.