Academy Programs Rusty Musicians 1
Nicholas Hersh, conductor
Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
On September 8th for a one-night event, the BSO Rusty Musicians brings together adult musicians with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra to rehearse and play through a major symphonic work.
Group 1: 6:30pm - 7:20pm
Prokofiev Romeo & Juliet Suite No. 1, op. 64bis
Group 2: 7:50pm - 8:40pm
Prokofiev Romeo & Juliet Suite No. 2, op. 64ter
At this time, participation is limited to one group. To request to be on the wait list to participate in both groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC email@example.com
- Participants must be age 21 or older, be able to read music and play an instrument that is part of the standard orchestra instrumentation.
- Acceptance is limited to space available.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with participant admission based on the order in which applications are received. (No audition is necessary!)
- Please note that space is not guaranteed in each orchestra.
- We highly encourage participants to apply as soon as possible.
- Participants must submit a non-refundable participation fee at the time of registration.
- Participation Fee: $90
- The participation fee is non-refundable.
- Music will available via IMSLP initially with BSO digital parts sent on or around August 10.
Limited hotel accommodations are available at a special rate of $99 at the Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court Hotel.
The BSO Academy is supported in part by funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.