WELCOME TO THE 2021-22 SEASON | A SEASON OF DISCOVERY
We invite you to explore this extraordinary season, which lifts the work of diverse artists, composers of color, and repressed voices in our history and our industry. Where new and notable soloists, partners, and conductors along with the musicians of the BSO bring new commissions to life and fresh context to classical favorites. With captivating stories behind the music told through signature programs that will encourage conversation and change the way you think about all genres of music. A season that embraces a strong connection to Maryland as we all discover what it means to be together again. Welcome to a Season of Discovery.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is proud to call both The Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and The Music Center at Strathmore home. Both venues offer our main Classical, Pops, and Off The Cuff Series, along with Special Events and Holiday Concerts.
Join us at the Meyerhoff for our Family Series and new this season, BSO Fusion, the ultimate music crossover series.
For those of you who enjoy traditional subscription packages, choose a fixed series. If you are looking for the ultimate in flexibility, a 6-concert choose your own is ideal.
Meyerhoff Pricing Guide
- Superstar guest artists including Renée Fleming, Anne-Sophie Mutter, Isata Kanneh-Mason, Ray Chen, Benjamin Grosvenor, Byron Stripling, and more!
- Powerful classical works including Strauss’ Also sprach Zarathustra; Tchaikovsky’s famous Fifth Symphony; Beethoven’s Symphonies 7, 8, and 9; Stravinsky’s complete The Firebird; and Rachmaninoff’s Symphony No. 3.
- Inspiring new music including John Adams’ The Dharma at Big Sur, the world premiere of James Lee III’s Freedom’s Genuine Dawn, and The Percussion Collective performs Drum Circles.
- Recovered Voices: James Conlon brings his Recovered Voices mission with the Los Angeles Opera to the BSO exploring the music of Zemlinsky, Schreker, and Braunfels.
- Local Connections: Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, featuring the uplifting “Ode to Joy” melody, welcomes the Morgan State University Concert Choir and The Carter Legacy Singers. The Women of the University of Maryland Concert Choir join the BSO for Holst’s The Planets and Debussy’s Nocturnes.
- Greater accessibility for all audiences: In addition to a robust in-person season, the BSO will offer additional accessibility through digital live streamed performances and the return of the highly acclaimed docuseries BSO Sessions.
- Expanded community performances: Greater access to your BSO through the free community concerts of the Symphony in the City series.
- Exceptional talent from around the world: Inviting rising and world-class conductors to the podium as we embark on the search for our next artistic leader, both on the stage and in the community.
Enjoy first choice of the best seats in the house for subscription and special events. Plus, subscribers get early access to special events.
Subscribers receive an average of 15% off standard ticket prices. And, enjoy subscriber discounts for add-on concerts all season long!
We have multiple payment plans to fit any budget. Choose to pay for a subscription now or in convenient installments.
As a subscriber you can purchase pre-paid parking at a special subscriber rate. Please note parking is free at The Music Center at Strathmore.
NEW THIS YEAR This season subscribers receive the added benefit of a digital concert experience in addition to their seated tickets for no additional cost. This option will be available for most Classical and Pops series concerts. Note that a digital concert experience will not be available for our Family series or Special Event performances and all performances will be filmed at The Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.