This listing has expired.
Our Mission“The BSO performs the highest quality symphonic music of all eras that nurtures the human spirit. The BSO is committed to engaging, inspiring, educating, and serving diverse audiences and to enhancing Baltimore and the State of Maryland as a cultural center of vitality and importance.”
BSO Creed: Our Shared Values
- We believe the BSO is first and foremost an artistic institution that is dedicated to the finest creative musical
- We seek to facilitate opportunities for creative approaches that allow musicians, staff, board, and partners to collaborate to serve our
- We strive to inform all decisions with our commitment to innovation and continuous
- We believe the BSO should value, appreciate, and treat all individuals - patrons, staff, musicians, guest artists, and volunteers with compassion, respect, and
- We seek to create a welcoming, safe, and enjoyable environment for
- We strive to embrace all human differences and commit to caring and civility towards all with whom we work and
- We believe it is an honor to present great music to stir and nurture the
- We seek to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in all musicians, staff, board, and Everyone who works at the BSO has an important role to play in our success.
- We strive to act with uncompromising integrity and
ENGAGEMENT / EDUCATION
- We believe deep connections to the diverse communities we serve are essential to our
- We seek to inspire and educate with powerful and meaningful musical experiences for audiences of all ages.
- We strive to nurture the talents of musicians of all ages with accessible educational initiatives and
- We strive to create a culture where musicians, staff, board, and volunteers communicate, collaborate, understand, and appreciate each other’s work.
- We believe diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging – with respect to race, gender, and personal identity – are cultural and strategic imperatives.
- We seek to create a culture of excellence that ensures access and inclusion of diverse voices in all that we
- We strive to use the universal language of music to bring people together and embrace our multicultural