A RESPONSIBLE RETURN TO THE HALL
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is committed to a responsible return to the concert hall. To ensure the health and security of our patrons, musicians, staff, volunteers, and community at large, and in consultation with public health officials and expert epidemiological advice, the BSO has implemented the following protocols to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
Proof of Full Vaccination or Negative PCR Test Required
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative PCR test result for COVID-19 on a sample collected within 72 hours is required for admittance to all indoor BSO performances and events.
Masking in Effect
Facemasks, fitted properly over the nose and mouth, will be required at all times for indoor BSO events until further notice.
Limited Concessions Available
Beverages are currently available for sale and consumption at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. At this time, no concessions are available at The Music Center at Strathmore.
For the protection of audience members, staff, and musicians, if you feel sick, please stay home.
Read our FAQ below for more information.
The BSO closely monitors federal, state, and local guidelines, and will update these policies as needed. In addition to pledging regular communication, we also ask patrons to please check back prior to attending to confirm current protocols.
While the BSO is following recommended practices, these protocols do not offer absolute protection against contracting COVID-19. Those purchasing or attending BSO events voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. In accordance with the BSO’s code of conduct, the BSO reserves the right to require attendees who do not follow our guidelines, or who are disrespectful to staff, artists, volunteers, or other patrons, to leave an event immediately without a refund.
RESPONSIBLE RETURN FAQ
Patrons should download and complete registration on My Bindle App to confidentially share their COVID-19 health status.
Alternatively, patrons may provide proof of vaccine or a negative PCR test by presenting any of the following at the door, alongside a matching photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport, or a school photo ID):
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered)
- A photo of a vaccination card (see above) as a separate document; or, as stored on a phone or electronic device
- Use of a BSO-approved digital vaccination through My Bindle App
- • Copy of a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of the performance or event date that includes the name of the person who took the test and the date of the result
For children under the age of 18 a school ID, passport, or any other official government ID will be accepted. While proof of vaccination or negative PCR test result is still required, if the minor does not have an ID, an accompanying adult must confirm the validity of the minor’s vaccination or negative test verification.
Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.
PCR test stands for polymerase chain reaction test. This is a diagnostic test that determines if you are infected by analyzing a sample to see if it contains genetic material from the virus. A PCR test can be taken at home or at a medical facility. A sample collected within 72 hours of the performance or event and sent to a lab must be negative to gain admittance. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.
Patrons can provide proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test result for COVID-19 through the My Bindle App. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.
Bindle provides a secure wallet for your COVID health records and an easy way to privately share your COVID health status with others. No one will have access to your personal health information but you.
After you open the My Bindle App for the first time, it will walk you step-by-step through the profile setup process. Please note the following:
Setup of the My Bindle App is a three-step process where you will:
- Build your profile.
- Verify your health status by adding a certificate.
- Create the entry pass that you will use for admission.
- The My Bindle App only allows one profile and entry pass per device. Each member of your party who wishes to use the app must have their own mobile device and profile setup.
- Your My Bindle entry pass can also serve as your photo ID. When creating your profile, please upload a photo that clearly shows your face.
Instructions for using the My Bindle App:
- Download the My Bindle App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and complete your profile setup per the instructions on the screen.
- Visit the My Certificates page to upload your proof of vaccination or negative PCR test results. Please follow the instructions on the screen and answer all health questions accurately.
- Once you have verified your health status, visit the My Passes page to create your venue entry pass -
- Click on the search icon and search for “Meyerhoff” to locate the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.
- Select the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall venue and then Create Entry Pass.
- Based on the health information you provided, the system will verify that you meet the BSO’s requirements for entry.
- If you have provided proof of vaccination, then you will only need to create one entry pass (valid through the listed expiration date). If you are providing negative PCR test results, then you will need to create a new entry pass prior to each concert you plan to attend.
- When you arrive at the concert hall entrance, please open your My Bindle App and visit the My Passes page to load your entry pass. You must display your entry pass from within the My Bindle App for proper verification.
For more information about Bindle or assistance with setting up your My Bindle App, please visit the Bindle FAQ page.
Yes, in order to protect your privacy, we will not keep copies of guests’ vaccination and test records.
As the ticket purchaser, it is your responsibility to ensure your party understands our policy. This includes any guests who attend performances with tickets you have purchased. All persons attending indoor BSO performances must show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test.
We are not currently planning for seating at BSO concerts within the Meyerhoff or Strathmore concert halls to be socially distanced.
Tickets can be exchanged for future BSO performances and ticket refunds are available by request for those who cannot attend due to the vaccination requirement. Subscribers have the benefit of free no-hassle ticket exchanges all season long. In addition, tickets can be donated back to the Orchestra for a tax-deductible contribution. To request a ticket change or refund, please contact the Patron Support office at email@example.com or 877.276.1444.
The BSO’s vaccination, negative test, and masking policies apply to all member events. For a full line-up of in-person and virtual events and to register, visit BSOmusic.org/MemberEvents.The BSO’s concessions policy extends to the Georgia and Peter Angelos Governing Members Lounge at the Meyerhoff and the Comcast Lounge at Strathmore. As of January 18, food will not be available at BSO events at either venue; and beverages are not available for sale or consumption at The Music Center at Strathmore, including the Comcast Lounge.
Please contact the Patron Support office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.276.1444.
2021-22 SEASON RESPONSIBLE RETURN MEASURES
To provide a responsible return to live music from our extraordinary orchestra, the following measures will be implemented for the 2021-22 season.
Before you arrive:
- Ticketing: We encourage patrons to select e-tickets as a form of delivery method when purchasing tickets. For information on e-tickets please contact Patron Support at 877.276.1444.
When you arrive:
- Security: Additional security guards and ushers will be available at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall to assist in an expedited entry.
- Programs: The BSO will not be reissuing used copies of Overture between concerts. We encourage all patrons to keep and bring back their personal copy of Overture for all concerts during the publication period, or, to view our digital notes at BSOmusic.org/ProgramNotes
- Coat Check: Coat check will not be available at this time.
Inside our halls:
- Vaccinations or Proof of a Negative PCR Test Result for COVID-19 Required: In addition to requirements for patrons, all BSO musicians, staff, stagehands, and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- GBAC Certification: The BSO, along with our partners at Strathmore, is Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ accredited, ensuring a high-level cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
- Indoor Air Quality: The Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and The Music Center at Strathmore both have state-of-the-art HVAC systems that decrease recycled air and increase fresh air exchange and ventilation; and, use MERV-13 filters, high-efficiency air filters that remove pollen, allergens, and airborne germs.
- Touchless Facilities: Restroom facilities at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall are now completely touchless.
CANCELLATIONS AND CONCERT MODIFICATIONS
Please be advised of the following concert cancellations and modifications:
- Eligibility for Kids Listen Free (formerly Young and Free) will be limited to children who can demonstrate proof of vaccination or proof of a negative PCR test result for COVID-19 on a sample collected within 72 hours of the performance or event. Full vaccination is defined as being 14 days after the final dose. until further notice. For more information on Kids Listen Free, click here.
- In-person Midweek Education, Family Concert, and Music Box performances are cancelled until further notice. In lieu of in-person performances, and in honoring the intention of the Baltimore Symphony Associate’s gift, all 2021-22 Midweek Concerts will be available virtually and for free on demand via BSOOffStage.
For patrons who are not comfortable returning to the concert halls, the BSO offers pay-per-view streaming of most Classical and Pops concerts, available for a limited time, on BSOmusic.org/OffStage. Livestream access is a complimentary benefit for all subscribers. Providing a behind-the-scenes look at the BSO’s Music Director Search, Season 2 of BSO Sessions is also now available for purchase at BSOmusic.org/OffStage.
Subscribers have the benefit of free, no-hassle ticket exchanges all season long, and tickets can be donated back to the Orchestra for a tax-deductible contribution. For more information or other questions, call the Patron Support Office at 410.783.8000 or 877.276.1444.